These Guidelines Can Change At Any Time
Guidelines at SandHaven Resort
Guests are responsible for the full length of reservations, since Cabins are booked exclusively for you, you are responsible for the total amount due for the full length of your reservation. Your payment of our 40% deposit is considered acknowledgment of our reservation and cancellation policies. Please list all guests on the reservation form and rentee must be 18 years old and have a valid Drivers License. We Require A Valid Credit Card For All Cabin Reservations.
A booking deposit totaling 40% of the rental charge is required to secure all bookings. Deposits are non-refundable but can be applied to another booking within the same calendar year of equal value to the original booking. You are responsible for your entire booking length for Cabins and Watercraft Rentals. Their Is No Credit For Late Arrivals Or Early Departures.
If you cancel your reservation we will try to re-book it with another party (the more time we have the more likely a replacement can be found). You are liable for all remaining balances of your reservation until all Cabins for the week you reserved are filled.
Check-In is after 4:00 pm. This allows staff the time necessary to adequately prepare for the arrival of guests.
Early check-ins are NOT AVAILABLE During Summer Rates (Pre-PostPrime), but can be requested (phone or email), although not guaranteed, for Spring & Fall.
Guests are asked to call ahead if they plan to arrive later than 8:00 p.m. Guests must check-in at the Lodge immediately upon their arrival. The following items are required at check-in:
- A valid credit card to pay remaining balance for rental (card used for 40% deposit is on file & may be used).
- A completed reservation form to include the following information: Names, addresses, and ages of all Guests staying in the Cabin.
- Make, model, license number for each vehicle.
Check-Out is by 9:00 a.m.
Late check-outs are NOT AVAILABLE During Summer Rates (Pre-PostPrime), but can be requested (phone or email), although not guaranteed, for Spring & Fall.
Any tab charges applied to the Guest’s bill during their stay should be settled by 8:00pm on the day prior to check-out. Keys must be brought to The Lodge upon departure.
Smoking and e-smoking (vaping) are not permitted inside any Cabin or Porches. Evidence of smoking inside the Cabin, including odors, may result in charges against. Smoking is not permitted in outdoor common areas including, but not limited to, the Patio, Beach or Playground Areas. Smoking is permitted outdoors in the areas directly adjacent to the Cabin being rented by the person who would like to smoke. No smoking in the Porches.
In accordance with Minnesota State Law & Fire Code and SandHaven’s Resort check-in policy, all Visitors of Guests of SandHaven Resort are Required To Register With The Lodge BEFORE Proceeding To The Cabin they are visiting. A fee of $10.00 per person will be charged for all Visitors. Visitors Are Only Allowed During Lodge Hours & Must Leave The Resort By 10:PM. SandHaven Resort reserves the right to limit the number of individuals (Guests & Visitors combined) to a Cabin’s Maximum Capacity.
Dogs are welcome to stay with Guests In Certain Cabins at SandHaven Resort subject to the following conditions: The required Pet Policy is followed & agreed upon. There are no more than two dogs per Cabin unless otherwise approved (call for approval). Dogs are leashed at all times while outdoors. Dogs are not left unattended inside or outside the Cabin. Pet waste must be cleaned up immediately. The Pet fee is $30 per night per pet or $210 for the week for each pet.
Guests that rent our Boats & Pontoons must follow & agree to our Watercraft Rental Policy.
SandHaven Resort offers a variety of small, non-motorized watercraft, such as paddleboats, kayaks and canoes free of charge for Guest use pursuant to the following conditions:
- Lifejackets must be worn by all those using SandHaven Resort watercrafts at all times.
- Non-motorized watercraft are available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved. Guests are asked to share the equipment with other Guests.
- All children must be directly supervised by an Adult.
- Non-motorized SandHaven Resort watercraft must stay within sight of the resort and must be returned before dark.
- We offer the use of these watercraft as a courtesy & SandHaven Resort can’t be held liable for any injuries while operating this watercraft.
– Air Conditioning or Ceiling Fans During The Hot Summer
– HD Directv w/ HDTVs w/ Sport Package & Starz Movie Channels
– Reliable High Speed Wi-Fi Internet Inside All Cabins
– Silent Electric Heat &/or Gas Fireplaces
– Full Size Refrigerator With Freezer
– Dishwashers, Electric or Gas Ovens, Microwaves & Coffee Makers
– Weber Barbecue Grill & Picnic Table
– Fire Ring (Firewood Available)
Amenities Are Free But Not Guaranteed.
SandHaven Resort provides multiple docks for Guest use. Dock space is not reserved and is available on a first come first served basis. Guests are encouraged to bring their own boats and tie up to SandHaven Resort docks during their stay. Guests are required to observe all state watercraft operating laws while boating at SandHaven Resort.
Each Cabin has a fire ring where Guests can build Campfires pursuant to the following conditions: Only wood, charcoal or paper waste may be burned (No Plastic!). All fires must be contained within the designated fire ring. The fire may never be left unattended. The fire must be put out by midnight in observance of quiet hours. Approved firewood is available for purchase at the Lodge for a small fee (first load of wood is free with cabin rental).
Quiet hours are between 10:00pm and 8:00am. Campfires may continue until midnight as long as Guests are Quiet.
Housekeeping and Cleanup
All cabins are cleaned before your arrival. We do not offer daily housekeeping service. Guests are asked to observe the following housekeeping guidelines:
- Place all garbage in receptacle outside the Cabin when full. Staff will collect it from there.
- All Pet waste must be cleaned up immediately.
- At check-out, Guests are asked to wash their dishes and leave the Cabin generally tidy.
- Charges may be applied if the property is left excessively dirty
Vehicles and Trailers are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
SandHaven Resort operates using a septic system that can become clogged when anything other than toilet paper is flushed. Guests are asked not to flush feminine products or anything other than toilet paper. Failure to follow this rule may result in charges against the security deposit.
Refunds will not be provided due to severe weather.
Fireworks are not allowed on resort property. Setting fireworks off on resort property is not permitted and doing so may be considered grounds for immediate eviction.
Portable AC Units
Portable AC Units use alot of electricity. If you bring one thats fine, but you will be charged $10 a day for your extra electricity use. This charge is paid upon your arrival; with the amount depending on your length (nights) of stay. We also have AC units for rent for $10 per night.
Parents are responsible for supervising their children and insuring their safety while at SandHaven Resort. There are no lifeguards on duty. Please use the swimming beach and watercraft safely.
Issues and Concerns
Guests are encouraged to bring any issues or concerns to the immediate attention of the Resort Owners. The owners are generally available between 8:00am and 8:00pm. They are available 24 hours per day to assist with emergencies.
*** These Guidelines Can Change At Anytime
You may see some small changes when it is time for your stay. We made these changes to help protect our guests and staff.
- We have hand sanitizer available for use in our Lodge & Fish Cleaning House.
- We recommend common sense Social Distancing practices during your stay at our Resort.
- Extra cleaning for the whole resort including Cabins, Fishcleaning House & Lodge.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and all of our guests, safe in our Resort.
SandHaven Resort’s Watercraft Rental Policy
*** This Policy Can Change At Anytime
Watercraft Renter Hereby Agrees As Follows:
Reservation: You must be at least 18 years of age and must provide SandHaven with a Rental Deposit equal to 40% of the total rental rate. The Renter is fully responsible for their entire rental term. A Credit Card Is Required To Rent Watercraft.
SandHaven Resort: We Reserve The Right To Replace A Watercraft For Another Due To Repairs Or Booking Conflicts.
Fuel: SandHaven Has Premium Unleaded Fuel That Must Be Used In Our Watercraft. This Fuel Is Available On Site & is Not Included In The Rental Rate. You Will Only Be Charged For The Fuel That Is Used During Your Stay.
Watercraft Operation: Please read the Minnesota Boating Laws before using our watercraft. One Life Jacket per person & a throw able flotation device are required by the MN DNR. We can provide these if necessary. Renter will not operate the equipment while under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
– Follow Maximum Capacities Rating For Persons & Weight Limit Posted On The Watercraft’s Sticker.
– No Pulling Tubes Or Skiers.
– Have All SandHaven Watercraft In Before Dark.
Return of Equipment: Please return our watercraft in clean & undamaged condition at the end of your rental term. Renter is responsible for damage to watercraft caused by any member of their party & Renter agrees that SandHaven may deduct such damages including repair costs & lost rental fees from the Renter’s Credit Card on file.
Watercraft Renter hereby releases SandHaven Resort, its owners, employees or representatives from any and all liability for damage and injury or death to Renter or any other person or property resulting from the use of the equipment rented hereunder, and for any claim based upon negligence, breach of warranty, contract, claim or other legal theory, accepting his or herself, the renter, full responsibility for any and all such damages or injury which may result from such use.
SandHaven Resort’s Dog Policy
*** This Policy Can Change At Anytime
Dog Owner Hereby Agrees As Follows:
1. Dog Owner will only allow the Dog(s) on Resort property upon the agreement of this Dog Policy.
2. Dogs must be leashed and cleaned up after. They are not allowed in the Lodge or Beach area and may not be left unattended in the Cabin or on a tie-out. Dogs must be kept from barking. Dogs that display aggressive behavior toward people or other Dogs, or excessive barking that is disturbing other Guests, will not be tolerated and you will be asked to board your pet.
3. Dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations, tick and flea free and recently bathed before arrival.
4. Dog Owner will pay a fee of $30/Dog per night. Hunting Dogs are Free During Hunting Season Only. They are not allowed in the Cabins.
5. Any damage to the exterior or interior of the Cabin or other Resort property or third party property caused by your Dog will be the full financial responsibility of the Dog Owner and may be charged against the cabins Credit Card on file.
Please keep all Dogs off the furniture. We expect the cabin to be as clean when you leave as it was when you arrived.
Dog Owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend SandHaven Resort, its owners, employees and representatives against all liability, judgments, expenses (including attorneys’ fees) and claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to property of any kind whatsoever caused by their Dog(s).