Guidelines at SandHaven Resort
(These Guidelines Can Change At Any Time)
Guests are responsible for the full length of reservations, since Cabins are booked exclusively for you, you are responsible for the total amount due for the full length of your reservation. Your payment of our 1/3 deposit is considered acknowledgment of our reservation and cancellation policies. Please list all guests on the reservation form and rentee must be 18 years old and have a valid Drivers License. We Require A Credit Card For All Cabin Reservations.
A booking deposit totaling 1/3 of the rental charge is required to secure all bookings. Deposits are non-refundable but can be applied to another booking within the same calendar year of equal value to the original booking. You are responsible for your entire booking length for Cabins and Watercraft Rentals. Their is no credit for late arrivals or early departures.
If you cancel your reservation we will try to re-book it with another party (the more time we have the more likely a replacement can be found). You are liable for all remaining balances of your reservation until all Cabins for the week you reserved are filled.
Check-In is after 4:00 pm. This allows staff the time necessary to adequately prepare for the arrival of guests.
Early check-ins are NOT AVAILABLE During Summer Rates, but can be requested (phone or email), although not guaranteed, for Spring, Fall & Winter.
Guests are asked to call ahead if they plan to arrive later than 8:00 p.m. Guests must check-in at the Lodge immediately upon their arrival. The following items are required at check-in:
- A valid credit card to pay remaining balance for rental (card used for 1/3 deposit is on file & may be used).
- A completed reservation form to include the following information: Names, addresses, and ages of all Guests staying in the Cabin.
- Make, model, license number for each vehicle.
Check-Out is by 9:00 a.m.
Late check-outs are NOT AVAILABLE During Summer Rates, but can be requested (phone or email), although not guaranteed, for Spring, Fall & Winter.
Any tab charges applied to the Guest's bill during their stay should be settled by 8:00pm on the day prior to check-out. Keys must be brought to The Lodge upon departure.
Smoking and e-smoking (vaping) are not permitted inside any Cabin or Porches. Evidence of smoking inside the Cabin, including odors, may result in charges against. Smoking is not permitted in outdoor common areas including, but not limited to, the Patio, Beach, Volleyball court or Playground Areas. Smoking is permitted outdoors in the areas directly adjacent to the Cabin being rented by the person who would like to smoke. No smoking in the Porches.
In accordance with Minnesota state law and SandHaven Resort check-in policy, all visitors of Guests of SandHaven Resort are required to register with the Lodge before proceeding to the Cabin they are visiting. SandHaven Resort reserves the right to limit the number of individuals visiting registered Guests. A fee of $10.00 per person will be charged for all day Visitors. A fee of $25.00 per person will be charged for all overnight Visitors.
Dogs are welcome to stay with Guests In Certain Cabins at SandHaven Resort subject to the following conditions: The required Pet Policy is followed & agreed apon. There are no more than two dogs per Cabin unless otherwise approved (call for approval). Dogs are leashed at all times while outdoors. Dogs are not left unattended inside or outside the Cabin. Pet waste must be cleaned up immediately. The Pet fee is $30 per night per pet. The maximum pet fee is $210 per week per pet.
Guests that rent our Boats & Pontoons must follow & agree to our Watercraft Rental Policy.
SandHaven Resort offers a variety of small, non-motorized watercraft, such as paddleboats, kayaks and canoes free of charge for Guest use pursuant to the following conditions:
- Lifejackets must be worn by all those using SandHaven Resort watercrafts at all times.
- Non-motorized watercraft are available on a first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved. Guests are asked to share the equipment with other Guests.
- All children must be directly supervised by an Adult.
- Non-motorized SandHaven Resort watercraft must stay within sight of the resort and must be returned before dark.
- We offer the use of these watercraft as a courtesy & SandHaven Resort can't be held liable for any injuries while opperating this watercraft.
- Air Conditioning or Ceiling Fans During The Hot Summer
- HD Directv w/ HDTVs w/ Sport Package & Starz Movie Channels
- Reliable High Speed Wi-Fi Internet Inside All Cabins
- Silent Electric Heat &/or Gas Fireplaces
- Full Size Refrigerator With Freezer
- Dishwashers, Electric or Gas Ovens, Microwaves & Coffee Makers
- Weber Barbecue Grill & Picnic Table
- Fire Ring (First Load Of Wood Free)
(Amenities Are Free But Not Guaranteed).
SandHaven Resort provides multiple docks for Guest use. Dock space is not reserved and is available on a first come first served basis. Guests are encouraged to bring their own boats and tie up to SandHaven Resort docks during their stay. Guests are required to observe all state watercraft operating laws while boating at SandHaven Resort.
Each Cabin has a fire ring where Guests can build Campfires pursuant to the following conditions: Only wood, charcoal or paper waste may be burned (No Plastic!). All fires must be contained within the designated fire ring. The fire may never be left unattended. The fire must be put out by midnight in observance of quiet hours. Approved firewood is available for purchase at the Lodge for a small fee (first load of wood is free with cabin rental).
Quiet hours are between 10:00pm and 8:00am. Campfires may continue until midnight as long as Guests are quiet.
Housekeeping and Cleanup
All cabins are cleaned before your arrival. We do not offer daily housekeeping service. Guests are asked to observe the following housekeeping guidelines:
- Place all garbage in receptacle outside the Cabin when full. Staff will collect it from there.
- All Pet waste must be cleaned up immediately.
- At check-out, Guests are asked to wash their dishes and leave the Cabin generally tidy.
- Charges may be applied against the damage deposit if the property is left excessively dirty.
Vehicles and Trailers are to be parked in designated parking areas only.
SandHaven Resort operates using a septic system that can become clogged when anything other than toilet paper is flushed. Guests are asked not to flush feminine products or anything other than toilet paper. Failure to follow this rule may result in charges against the security deposit.
Refunds will not be provided due to severe weather.
Fireworks are not allowed on resort property. Setting fireworks off on resort property is not permitted and doing so may be considered grounds for immediate eviction.
Portable AC Units
Portable AC Units use alot of electricity. If you bring one thats fine, but you will be charged $10 a day for your extra electricity use. This charge is paid apon your arrival; with the amount depending on your length (nights) of stay.
Parents are responsible for supervising their children and insuring their safety while at SandHaven Resort. There are no lifeguards on duty. Please use the swimming beach and watercraft safely.
Issues and Concerns
Guests are encouraged to bring any issues or concerns to the immediate attention of the Resort Owners. The owners are generally available between 8:00am and 8:00pm. They are available 24 hours per day to assist with emergencies.
651-222-7179 (Donna’s cell)
763-300-8427 (Tom’s cell)
763-639-2543 (Tim’s cell)
612-390-2553 (Nick’s cell)